Raising the Bar is a new initiative from The Chamber that helps companies with their social responsibility aims. It enables companies to document and benchmark how they help local communities, education, the economy and the environment.
By being a responsible, sustainable business you can save money through energy, recruitment and packaging costs etc., gain customers, embed innovation in your working processes and inspire and engage with your staff
It is true that customers are becoming increasingly aware of how ethical the businesses they interact with are, through social media channels and this can have a devastating effect on your ‘brand’ and your reputation.
Ensuring you are communicating with staff, customers, suppliers and stakeholders about your impact as a business on the community and environment can improve relationships with these people, whilst making money and maintaining and improving your credibility.
Try to think of your community and environmental impact as the culture of your organisation and not a project outside of day-to-day business.
The results can be great when your staff are working to the same target.
Being part of Raising the Bar can have great rewards some of which are detailed here:
- A printed report that you can use in tenders
- A certificate to show customers and staff that you are supporting a great cause
- The ability to plan and measure your social and environmental impact
- Saving money on energy and operating costs and manage risk
- Matching your performance to your business plan
- Celebrating the contribution made by your organisation and your staff
- Recognition and year round coverage for your achievements through the Chambers networks
- Winning accolades in our annual awards event
- Improving your employee retention and motivation
- Improving your customer recognition